Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Typical Workday

for those of you who aren't aware...
my name is Kyle and I'm a Security Guard.

I make a glorious 8 dollars an hour sitting at a desk answering a phone for most of the day. I am a glorified receptionist... my name is Kyle and I'm a Security Guard.

I start work at 4 PM and work until midnight on Monday through Friday, often times my relief doesn't show and I have to stay an extra hour with no extra pay...my name is Kyle and I'm a Security Guard.

every now and then they let me out of my cage, and I get to go on "rounds", this is basically the site's way of making sure that I am indeed doing my job. During rounds I stick a metal rod onto computer chips on the wall, this ensures that there are chips on the wall.. because if a chip is missing I am expected to fill out paper work explaining why I think that chip is missing and probably how I feel about it. I think a missing chip would make me feel hollow and sad, but luckily I have not had to deal with the loss that a missing chip could bring.

If something goes down, I am not supposed to intervene. My job is to stare menacingly at the no-gooders, call the cops if they stare back, and then fill out a report explaining how I feel about it.

also, my site is group home for mental patients... so that's always fun.

1 comment:

abellamy said...

missing chips make me hollow and sad too, especially if there is no dip. pretty funny stuff dude.